Sakat 2023 Moonrise Time Today: Krishna Paksha Chaturthi is devoted to Lord Ganesha and devotees look at Sankashti Chaturthi speedy on each and every Krishna Paksha Chaturthi. However, Krishna Paksha Chaturthi is additionally discovered as Sakat Chauth in the month of Magha and is generally located in North Indian states. Sakat Chauth is devoted to Goddess Sakat and females take a quick look at quick on an identical day to desire the nice being of their sons. The legend of Sakat Chauth describes the merciful nature of Goddess Sakat.
Karwa Chauth Moonrise Time Today
Rajasthan has the village of Sakat and has a temple dedicated to Goddess Sankat. Deity Sankat is popularly known as Chauth Mata. This temple is about 60 K.M. from Alwar and 150 K.M. From Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan state. One can visit Sakat Mata Mandir to get more information about Sakat Devi. Ganesha is also worshiped on the day of Sakat Chauth. Worshiping Ganesha on this day brings happiness and prosperity. Sakat Chauth is also known as Sankat Chauth, Til-Kuta Chauth, Bhakra-Tundi Chaturthi and Maghi Chauth.
Trending>>> PSG Schedule 2023, Match Timings, Fixtures
Story of Sankashti Chaturthi
According to Hindu mythology, once upon a time, there was a potter in a village who made pots. After making the pots he used a furnace to harden them. As he was placing the pots in the furnace, he found that despite his best efforts, the flame could not harden them. Finally, he approached the king for help. The king approached the royal priest for help and remedy in this matter. Every time the furnace is ready for the pot, the royal priest suggests the sacrifice of a child. After the advice of the royal priest, the king announced that each family should carry one child’s sand each time, and each family had to agree to this.
A few days later, it was the turn of an elderly woman who had only one son to help. The old woman was sad that day. That day was Sakat Chauth, and she was sad that she had to sacrifice her baby on this auspicious day. She was a devoted follower of Goddess Sakat. She offered her son a betel nut and “Dub ka Beeda” as protection. She instructed her son to take the Lord’s name while he was being thrown into the furnace.
Read>>> Auto Expo 2023: Dates, Venue, Timings
The toddler was instructed to enter the furnace. When the child was placed in the furnace, an elderly woman began to worship Goddess Sakat. The kiln was left to prepare in a single night. When the potter arrived the next morning to inspect the kiln, he was amazed to find it. He discovered not just the old woman’s son safe and alive, but also other children who had been offered to prepare the kiln. Since then, everyone has started to believe in the existence of Goddess Sakat. Women pray to Goddess Sakat for the safety of their sons.
Sakat Chauth Vrat 2023 Date
There is confusion regarding the date of Sakat Chauth this year. According to Panchang, Chaturthi Tithi of Krishna Paksha of Magh month will start on January 10, 2023 at 12.09 PM and end on January 11 at 2.31 PM the next day. There is a special method of moon worship on Sankashti Chaturthi, moon worship is followed by fasting. In such a situation, the fast of Sakat Chauth will be observed only on Tuesday, January 10, 2023.
Time of Moonrise – 8.50 pm (January 10, 2023)
Read>>> BTEUP ODD Sem Exam Time Table 2023
Sakat Chauth 2023 Importance
Women observe the Sakat Chauth fast to wish their children a happy life and long life. Sesame seeds are offered to Lord Ganesha during this fast. According to the scriptures, on the Chaturthi day of the month of Magh, Lord Ganesha circumambulates the parents to demonstrate his keen intellect. It is believed that worshiping Ganpati ji and chanting mantras on this day increases the intelligence, intellect, and strength of the child. Gauri’s son Gajanan fulfills every wish of the saint. The fast of Sakat Chauth is observed without water.
Read>>> TNTET Paper 2 Exam Date
Sakat Chauth 2023 Rituals of Puja
- A holy bath is performed every morning when people get up early.
- Resolve to observe fasting.
- Light a Diya with desi ghee and place an idol of Lord Ganesha there.
- Apply Haldi tilak on the idol, decorate it with yellow flowers and give modak, or sweets, til kut, and fruit.
- Durva grass should be offered to Lord Ganesha by devotees
- Before breaking they’re fast, devotees must recite Vat Katha and perform Aarti to Lord Ganesha in the evening.
- The fast will be broken after seeing them.
- After seeing the stars, the fast will be broken.
Check>>> SA1 Time Table 2023 AP and TS Exam Date
4 things to do on Sakat Chauth 2023
- Devotees have to offer ghee and jaggery along with worshiping Ganesha on this day. After Parana, it should be eaten as prasad and distributed to all members of the family.
- If you are working hard at work and not getting results then you need to chant the mantras of Shri Ganesha. Eg: “Om Gana Ganapataye Namah” should be chanted 11 times and flowers should be offered along with each mantra. After that sesame and jaggery laddu should be offered.
- If you are worried about something, you should make a swastika with turmeric on a betel leaf. Then offer that leaf to Lord Ganesha and pray to him that all troubles go away.
- Eat Makhana Kheer, Til Kut, Til Laddu, sattvic food like vegetable-poor kuttu pakora while fasting.